MODULARER ROUTER AT-AR720 1*10 100TX LAN 2*FREIE PIC
Utilizing high performance RISC based technology, the
AT-AR720 is the ideal unit for high throughput, fast
response applications in the larger branch office or corporate
site. High performance means simultaneous support
for dual PRI links, 100Mbps Ethernet and value added
services such as IPSec VPN and the Paladin Stateful
Inspection Firewall operation.
SIMPLE PLUG-IN UPGRADE
The AT-AR720 base unit consists of a high-performance
RISC processor, one 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet port, and
two asynchronous RS232 ports.With two expansion bays
capable of accepting any mix of six different Port Interface
Cards (PICs), the AT-AR720 offers extensive network support
including multiple ISDN PRI and BRI circuits, Frame
Relay, X.25, G.703/G.704, PSTN, Leased Line and Ethernet
connectivity. Simple, low cost PIC upgrade protects user
investment as network requirements change.
• RIP, RIP2 and OSPF provide sophisticated network
• IP, IPX, Appletalk and DECnet routing is supported as
standard, as well as transparent bridging.
• IP Multihoming offers flexible LAN/WAN sub-netting.
• L2TP enables tunneling of non-IP traffic across low-cost
Internet links e.g IPX.
HIGH SPEED FRAME RELAY NETWORKING
• Multiple IP addresses are supported per Frame Relay
port (logical interfaces) e.g multiple user sessions.
• Full congestion control procedures limit output when
Frame Relay network is busy, avoiding data discard. ’Slow
Start’ mechanism controls initial data transmission into
• Hardware based DES and Triple DES encryption offer
ultra-secure data transmission.
• Designed to the IETF IPSEC RFC’s.
• Sophisticated Paladin Stateful Inspection Firewall for
iron-clad session and application security.
• CLI, PAP, CHAP, RADIUS & TACACS user authentication
for maximum network integrity.
• IP, IPX and Bridge filtering.
HARDWARE DATA COMPRESSION OPTION
• To maximize data throughput at higher line speeds, an
optional hardware-based STAC LZS compression module is
available, offering up to 8:1 data compression at higher line
speeds where software based compression is less effective.
Traffic Shaping and Quality of Service (QoS)
• Advanced traffic shaping features such as RSVP
(Resource reSerVation Protocol) and BACP (Bandwidth
Allocation Control Protocol) ensure support for future
• Policy Routing allows data to be routed based on traffic
type (e.g WWW versus FTP), type of WAN
link, source/destination etc.
CONFIGURATION AND MANAGEMENT
• Full remote management is supported across the LAN
• The Secure Shell (SSH) package for Windows provides
authenticated and encrypted secure remote management.
SSH clients are available from third parties.
• SNMP, MIB II and Enterprise MIB are supported.
Allied Telesis MODULARER ROUTER AT-AR720. Switching protocols: Frame Relay, X.25, DecNetIV, Routing protocols: OSPF, Data link protocols: IP, IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, IPX/SPX Spoofing. Power consumption (typical): 25 W. Weight: 4.5 kg. Safety: EN60950 safety approval. Power requirements: 100-240vAC, 50-60Hz, 10W, Management platform: Web-based, Maximum data transfer rate: 0.1 Gbit/s