Standardization of data
Uniform, standardized data
Most ecommerce sites offer product finders, product comparison and online advisors, that help consumers and professional buyers select products that meet their specific needs. With standardized product features, data can be used as selection criteria, making product analysis possible. To meet the challenging standardization needs of cutting edge ecommerce sites, Icecat editors and engineers are transforming unstandardized manufacturer product data into fully standardized Open Icecat data-sheets.
For example, for feature value “height” only numbers should be used, and an indication of the unit used (e.g. cm or inches).
It's unrealistic to expect channel partners to standardized product data themselves. Icecat has already transformed the raw product data of 13654 brands into fully standardized product information. The Icecat data repository contains millions of classified product data-sheets.
What are Icecat's standardization efforts?
- Identification of products
- Classification of products (e.g., correcting brand names, right-categorizing products)
- Standardization of feature data (feature names)
- Accurate product content
- Advanced search capabilities (searchable attributes)
- Increase online sales
- Reduce time and money for channel partners
- Optimal product comparison
- Standardization of product data equivalent feature values
- Normalization of product data Mapping of product and brands.
- Productfinder Search engine for channel partners.