ThinkPad W500, T9400(2.53GHz), 4GB RAM, 160GB 7200rpm HD, 15.10.16 cm (4") 1680x1050 LCD, 512MB ATI FireGL V5700, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, Fingerprint reader, 9c Li-Ion, WinVista Business 32
The ultimate mobile workstation
Our ThinkPad W Series includes the new ThinkPad W500 as well as the ThinkPad W700. Both offer lightning-fast Intel® Core™2 Duo technology, advanced NVIDIA or ATI discrete graphics, cutting-edge technology features, and the durability and rock-solid reliability you expect from Lenovo - making the W Series the ultimate mobile workstation.
- Powerful Intel® Core™2 Duo processors with Intel® Active Management Technology (iAMT) (available on select models) offer superior performance along with enhanced management and security.
- Built for Windows Vista® to enable a premium user experience.
- Hard drives up to 320GB 5400rpm and up to 200GB 7200rpm with Full Disk Encryption (FDE) offer maximum security and storage.
- Solid State Drives (SSD) offer improved performance, reliability, and battery life.
- High-performing DDR3 memory lowers power consumption.
- Intel® Turbo Memory helps speed boot time, loads applications faster, and saves power.
Ultimate graphics experience
- ThinkPad W700 mobile workstations feature the NVIDIA® Quadro FX® MXM based graphics solution for unsurpassed mobile graphics processing and performance.
- OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) with up to 1GB of dedicated video memory enables graphic-intensive applications.
- High-resolution, premium 15.4" WSXGA+ or WUXGA panels for an improved viewing experience.
- Next-generation DisplayPort technology provides clearer, crisper images and a larger viewing area.
- ThinkPad W700 mobile workstations offer X-Rite® PANTONE® color calibration for greater image accuracy, more precise color matching, and a consistently true display.
- Power Management feature improves battery life, while BatteryStretch feature allows users to select the most efficient power management on demand.
- Focused air flow and new fan design provides a cooler, quieter computing experience.
- Stable, compatible, and optimized for professional applications.
Palm-rest digitizer and pen
ThinkPad W700 mobile workstations offer a 120cm x 80cm Wacom® palm-rest digitizer and pen, ideal for digital content creation and CAD/CAM applications. The digitizer can be configured to map to the entire screen or a user-defined area, and is compatible with a wide range of applications, from Windows® Paint to Adobe® Photoshop®.
Industry professionals require proven performance and stability with today's demanding applications. An extensive independent software vendor testing and certification process verifies that your ThinkPad mobile workstation can run some of the most demanding, graphics-intensive workstation applications.
Built-in-solutions and security
The Lenovo Advantage includes great warranty protection and superior support and services. But there's more, such as our exclusive ThinkVantage® Technologies - tools, software and services that help you deploy, connect, protect and support your Lenovo notebook. Among them are:
- Rescue and Recovery™: Recover from system crashes quickly, even if the primary operating system will not boot.
- Active Protection System™: Like an airbag's sensor, Active Protection System can detect sudden changes in motion and temporarily stop the hard drive to help protect it from damage (not applicable to models with Solid State Drives).
In addition, numerous security features promise to keep your system secure and your data protected.
W Series models come equipped with an Integrated Fingerprint Reader and 32-byte pre-boot password protection to help guard against external threats. Together with preloaded ThinkVantage Client Security Solution software, you have an integrated security solution right out of the box. There is even an option to disable all input and output ports on the BIOS level, as a final layer of protection for your information.
Lenovo ThinkPad ThinkPad W500, Intel® Core™2 Duo, 2.53 GHz, 39.1 cm (15.4"), 1680 x 1050 pixels, 4 GB, 160 GB
Lenovo ThinkPad ThinkPad W500. Processor family: Intel® Core™2 Duo, Processor model: T9400, Processor frequency: 2.53 GHz. Display diagonal: 39.1 cm (15.4"), Display resolution: 1680 x 1050 pixels. Internal memory: 4 GB, Internal memory type: DDR3-SDRAM. Total storage capacity: 160 GB. Optical drive type: DVD-RW. Discrete graphics adapter. Operating system installed: Windows Vista Business. Weight: 2.63 kg